Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Goodbye OCD! (for now....)

As I sit here feeding my 3 month old little princess, I look around at house that looks like a hurricane came through.  I'm realizing something that I have learned in the past 3 months. Despite my OCD's... Life must go on.


I like things to have a place & unless they're being used, I prefer for these things to be in their place. My first lesson of motherhood is sometimes you just have to, as Elsa would say, let it go. I have to say, in the best possible way, that shit is hard! It truly defies an instinct!

Sometimes I bring a load of laundry from my room (upstairs) to be done (in the basement). This may as well be 3 and a half miles away! I have a basket of laundry sitting next to me as I type.

There is also the nightmare that is my guest bedroom. It's where I store things that I never seem to get around to. I have about 37 ongoing "projects" in there. Also, spiderwebs. It is where things go to die... You get it.

The day is a success if I get the dish washer unloaded and re loaded! What the hell did women do before these wonderful life changing machines?!

I often feel an inner struggle of wanting to be laying next to my actively growing bug while watching her every move vs living in a home that doesn't look like it's been through a natural disaster.

Although only 3 months of her life have passed, THREE MONTHS of her life have passed! That. went. fast! As cliche as it is, and as often as I have heard it, the dishes will still be there. The laundry basket is not going anywhere. And my 3,000 ongoing projects can wait.

The quickly passing moments with my active little babe will not always be there. On a day with no napping, it is hard to imagine, but I'm sure a day will come where I wish I could go back in time and have that napless day with my fussy baby back. So for now dirty dishes and amazing moments it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment