Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fill yo cup!

For the past two weeks saying I was cranky would be an understatement. I was getting flustered easily at things that are not worthy of my frustration.  I was nagging my husband like it was my job, the poor man. Physically, mentally, and emotionally, I felt off.

As a woman I feel like it comes naturally to put everything else before yourself... Sorry men, but you & I both know you don't do that sh*t. (Except my husband, he totally does. ;))

I recently saw a saying, "you can't pour from an empty cup." This saying really struck a chord with me.  For the past two weeks I had barely done yoga, or run, or any of the other things I do for myself. Life kept getting in the way of the things that I need to do to keep myself in balance.

In the past few days I have made it a point to run and get back to yoga and it is amazing how quickly my mood flipped. Thank God, for the sake of those around me. I'm convinced even my dog was over me! Just getting to the gym made me feel better!

I am learning, as a new mom, that doing well for myself will in turn do well for my loves. Being happy with myself will make me a better mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend!

So to all my selfless homegirls... Don't forget to fill up your cup! If you need to get a cup of coffee, read a book, or get a mani, pedi, with a 10 minute chair massage make sure you do it! Whatever makes you you, don't forget it about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment