Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Four month regression & Divorce Papers

4 month regression. It's a real thing.  It honestly could lead to divorce papers. Okay, maybe I am being slightly dramatic.  "Not my baby", I thought. "She is perfect." Okay, I admit, I still think she is perfect but not at midnight, one am, two am & so on.

As I lay down at 11 pm last night my little bug begins to wail. My eyes bulge open, what. the. actual. f**k. My husband looks at me and says don't worry babe, I'll get her tonight. To which I stupidly respond, it's okay... You have work tomorrow.

Need I say nothing more, clearly.  Left ear= baby shrills from the monitor with a light ocean wave background.  Right ear= the snores of my oh so sleepy husband. Well that escalated quickly.

I give it the standard 20 minutes, drag myself out of bed to go give my babe her lost binky. (Just after I look at my peacefully sleeping spouse and mumble a couple profanities, of course.)

These actions repeat a few times when I think, I may as well sleep on the couch as its closer to my babe's room.

At 7 am, when my well rested, fresh looking husband comes downstairs, I actually thought to myself, try not to punch him in the face. The good news is, I didn't. The other good news is he told me to go upstairs and go sleep for another hour or so. Thoughtful man.

After getting what felt like a day of sleep (actually just an hour), I come downstairs to my husband feeding our little girl.

That short period of sleep helped me to become human again. There is no need to say to him that women are the stronger gender (bc let's be honest, we all know that! Amiright?)

In these sleepless moments it is easy to forget we are a team. We both have the same goal. We each being our own strengths to the table.

Yes, there are some things that come naturally to me as a mom, but there are other struggles that I'm sure my husband goes through, that I wouldn't be able to understand. (Like being the weaker sex...) ;) Seriously though, to more sleepless nights and cranky moments. I'm sure at some point, we will miss the madness.





PS- I wrote this 5 days ago (cause I am so on top of my sh*t) & since letting my love "cry it out" she has been sleeping 7:30pm- 7:30 am! (I probably just jinxed tonight..... :))

No comments:

Post a Comment